Thursday 26 November 2009

Shiny new computers, art canvases and Godzilla

This is the first blog I'm writing on our shiny new Windows 7 computer. Windows 7 is new and shiny. That's all there is to say. Also I have a proper clock on my desktop as well as a calendar (those gadget things).

My art canvas is not going to be done for Monday. No one's is. I'm stressing out. Some people have gone past the stressed out stage and gone straight to the "wheeee I'm hyper" stage (where you get so stressed you just don't care). I don't like what I'm painting, mainly because it's not my idea but my teacher's. It also focuses on perspective, and I have always hated perspective, especially on big scale pieces as it's bound to mess up. It already has.

Been on Popcap games recently, completed the free version of Plants vs Zombies in around an hour (no, I don't have an addiction).

I've been ill the past few days (was properly ill on the weekend, all tired and runny nose and headachey) but have been at school/on psychology trips (that was on Monday, it was alright but I wanted to sleep). Being a combination of tired and ill is not good. I sometimes feel all lightheaded and floaty.

Read a book for the first time in over a month (mainly on the trains to and back from the psychology trip) - it was Slaughterhouse Five. I quite liked it, even if it did get slightly confusing with all the jumping around in time.

They sold lemon muffins in the canteen today which made me happy as I had been randomly craving lemon cake for a while (except they were 428 calories (I only checked because one of the art teachers asked me to, I never check the calorie count otherwise)).

I have been looking up Kaiju on Wikipedia (this probably stems from my obsession with Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla". How can you not love a band that has a song about Godzilla?) and now I finally know what the other creatures are from the end of the Simpsons episode (the one where they visit Japan) which had been bugging me for a while.

I have noticed other people haven't updated their blogs in a while *coughcough*...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Plants vs Zombies! In fact all Popcap games are pretty awesome and addictive.
Also: Godzilla yays!
(will try and update my blog! but there is so much to write!)