Monday 23 February 2009

Darwin and DNA Hats

Today I went to the Natural History Museum to see the Darwin exhibit with Livvi and Hannah. It was interesting and it featured some hilarious looking pigeons. One had some sort of a ruff thing round it's neck and there was another with fat fluffy legs. Before we went to the Darwin exhibit we went to the dinosaur bit, the exhibition with the blue whale in and the sea life one too. I have fallen in love with mountain goats. They are so fluffy and cute and I just want to hug them! We saw a rather evil looking squid, aptly named the 'Vampire Squid'. It was black and spiky with red eyes. The animated dinosaur exhibit has changed - no longer are there two small dinosaurs feeding on a carcass. There is now a T-Rex with creepy eyes. It just isn't as fun. We also had fun in the shop - having a fight with dinosaur hand puppets and awwing over the totally adorable dinosaur plushies!

Tomorrow is science day and Livvi wants me to make a DNA helix hat. I have no idea how I'll do this, since I would need to make it out of cardboard and it's hard to make cardboard twist. That and I'll just confuse myself by making it and will probably manage to tangle it up or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Livvi does not want you to make a hat- it is Alice Cooper speaking through me! And i had no idea you had a blog! you should have said (or maybe you were too busy avoiding getting whacked by my hands. sorry)

Sophia said...

Right. How did Alice come to possess you?

My blog is a year old (either now or soon) yays!

Yes you were whacking me and I couldn't tell you. I want to change my blog url but I cannot think of a cool enough title.