Monday 31 August 2009

What have I been up to in the past two weeks?

Well Friday the 14th I went up to Somerset, spent a couple of days there at the windmill. Then on the 16th I went to Bristol station, met up with my cousin Megan (seeing as Hannah is now too old to go) and we journeyed to Queen Ethelburga's School (yes it is as posh as it sounds) just outside of York for the Quaker camp (that sounds boring and religious but it really isn't). It was great meeting people who I hadn't seen for over a year and also making loads of new friends. It was better than last year seeing as I knew people this time around, but the food was still damned awful. Our rooms were better than last year, loads bigger. I shared a room with Sophie and Olivia (a different Olivia from the one I usually talk about on here) but Megan (different Megan - not cousin Megan. Argh they all have similar confusing names.) couldn't fit in our room seeing as we were too late to get a 4 room so had to get a 3 room even though ALL the rooms had 4 beds (the 4th was folded up into the wall). I'm going into detail again. I could spend a week writing out every single detail. I will bullet point stuff (my blog has taken away the bullet point option! Nooo!).

- Fancy dress theme for last social this year was fairy tale creatures so I went as a pixie (last year it was up in the clouds and I was a fairy).
- For activites this year I did cooking and we all made cookies and stuff to sell at the tuck shop so yeah it was fun.
- I got an award on the last night! (each year the leavers give out one award each on the last night). Mine was for 'most beautiful smile' from Jenny.
- On the leaving day I got hugged so many times it was insane but I love hugs so :D

You can trawl through the pictures: http://www.yfhs.org.uk/2009piccies/index.html

So I stayed there for a week, went on the 23rd (sad to leave!) back to Somerset, was bored for a week (we did go places like the swimming pool (it closed down about a day later) and some zoo which was then on the news since atheists didn't like it as it was a Christian zoo and it had stuff about animals being created or something... I did however buy some clothes: two new t-shirts (plain black and plain white - mainly to wear under my new lumberjack shirts), two new lumberjack shirts (blue & brown and orange, white & brown) and a pair of jeans. Then yesterday we went to Bath to visit my Granny and stayed overnight. Then my second cousin Gabriel and his wife and kid Jude (who is almost a year old) came to visit us there which was nice and Jude was sweet.

No comments: