Monday 8 February 2010

100th post!

Tomorrow I have to give a short talk about a piece of artwork I saw at the V & A museum that I really liked from the Medieval and Renaissance section. Except I didn't like anything, I'm much more of a fan of modern art. So I'm going to do my speech on "Persistence of Memory" (which I have actually seen in real life at the MOMA in New York. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was), seeing as Dalí is one of my favourite artists. I've also just decided that I love M. C. Escher as much as I love Dalí, so I don't really have one favourite artist any more. I think it's probably due to the fact that in the movie "Labyrinth" there is a room inspired by Escher's "Relativity" with stairs everywhere and it is one of my favourite scenes in the movie. I just love the set design.

One of my favourite pieces by Escher is "Reptiles"


I love the weird tall elephants Dalí paints. When I went to his wife's castle back in 2005 he had lots of these statues, unfortunately I did not know who Dalí was at the time and so did not appreciate it as much as I could have.

I also thought that this was just awesome

No comments: