Saturday 6 February 2010

Movie time!

In the past week I have watched a few movies (only four, but that is quite a lot for me).

- Die Hard (oh yes I have finally seen it. Life just feels weird now that I no longer have a movie at the very top of my "to see" list). It is awesome, I watched it last Saturday and then continued to think about it for Sunday and most of Monday, except I'm beginning to forget it now (hmm, time for a rewatch methinks? Nah, I can wait). I'll get round to seeing the other Die Hards some day.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? - Yes, I have seen this movie before. I absolutely hate the scene where Judge Doom dips that shoe into The Dip. It's just that it's so cute looking and friendly before getting Dipped.
- Neco z Alenky (Alice) - Remember that surrealist Czech version of Alice in Wonderland I was talking about on my blog a couple of months ago (with the sock puppet catepillar)? I finally got around to watching it. It's a very different take on the story, and it is set in a dilapidated old house (adding to the creepiness). Lots of stop-motion (which is a good think, I adore stop-motion). Yes it is mildly disturbing, especially the White Rabbit. There he is chopping the head off of one of the card people, by order of the Queen of Hearts.



















Everyone should see it though. It's just so wildly different.

- Nikita - Seeing as I like some of the other films Luc Besson has done, I figured I'd like this (the DVD has been lying around in our house unopened for ages). It was good, but I think I still prefer Léon (which is due a rewatch, I can't remember it that well). Oh, and Fifth Element is on next Friday. I'll probably be watching it (it's just such an insane movie, it shouldn't work at all, but it does).

No comments: