Tuesday 18 May 2010

3 down, quite a few more to go.

Today I did my general studies exam. I'm not entirely sure how well I think I did in it. The same is true for the critical thinking paper I did yesterday. The art exam however went well I feel.

Anyway I went to the library today to give back V for Vendetta and Watchmen and went to see if they had The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as I would like to read that next. Neither of the libraries had it. However the second library I went to had this big book of Marvel Horror which I want to get out after exams, just to get into Marvel as all the graphic novels I have read so far and all the movie adaptations of comic book characters (apart from Hellboy (which I saw a couple of weekends ago. I really want to see Hellboy 2 now. Guillermo del Toro is just amazing)) have been DC and I feel I really need to balance this out. I also saw a load of sci-fi novels I want to get out (mainly Philip K. Dick and H. G. Wells) but didn't due to exams (I've made myself a rule that I can only read graphic novels or non-serious novels during exams. I'm not entirely sure why.) - I've just realised I haven't read a sci-fi novel in absolutely ages. Most of my reading in the past year has consisted of Discworld novels (and yes, I did get another one out the library today as I haven't read one in a few months. I got Hogfather out as it's one of the most famous and yet I've not read it) and I've just been too distracted to get some other, non-Discworld novels out. Hope those brackets haven't confused you.

Also, I'm sure you've all heard the very sad news that Ronnie James Dio passed away on Sunday. He was such an amazing vocalist and it's such a shame he's gone.

No comments: