Saturday 4 July 2009

You sometimes drive me crazy, but I worry about you

I have been doing art all week long. I am quite proud of myself, even if the copy of the painting I am doing at the moment (The Crowd by Wyndham Lewis) in pencil fails a bit - due to the fact that I don't have the correct colours so have to blend colours and always end up with the colour a bit off. I have however done my Per Kirkeby research, my photo page and a painting of Arvin the squirrel (who represents the green spaces found in the cities, the calmer, more peaceful side of London; since the topic is Essence of the City). I have already written up my definitions and done a copy of The Cyclist by Natalia Goncharova (which I quite like, even if I didn't have all the pencil colours). I don't like The Crowd because it looks quite easy but then it's got all these little complicated bits in it. But I'll survive.

I have also realised that I do actually like Bon Jovi (shh!) and that there is no point in trying to pretend I hate them. It's annoying though, I have waaay too many guilty pleasures in music. I'm not going to attempt to list them here. I think I may have gone off Mötley Crüe though which is good. Well I only knew three songs in the first place. But yays for me anyway. (oh dear I am listening to Whitesnake.) >_<

I guess I've gone completely past the stage where I care what people think about my music taste. As long as I don't like Poison I'm happy. and since they don't play them on the radio I'm all good. Also, Rush have been growing on me. There are still some songs that I really quite dislike (Spirit of Radio and Closer to the Heart to name a couple. Mainly due to Geddy's voice being really annoying in certain parts. But I don't usually find his voice annoying unlike some) but there are some songs that I like (now listening to Distant Early Warning. I think his voice is adorable in this song. No idea why.)

In other news:
  • Torchwood is back next week! Yaaays. But it's only five episodes long... but an hour each instead of 45 minutes! I need my Torchwood due to lack of Doctor Who this year.
  • I have just made brownie. I make so many brownies all the time that my Mum has started to get slightly annoyed with me. Also due to my incessant brownie making I have grown very used to the taste of brownie mix and no longer find it as awesome as I once did.
  • I've been catching up on That Mitchell & Webb Look due to watching the current series (3), liking it and then deciding that I needed to see the old series since I haven't seen them.
  • Pirate Facebook makes me so happy.
Arrr. Off ye go now.

No comments: