Thursday 16 April 2009

Today is my birthday!

and the 49th blog post. Stupid blog, why couldn't you be the 50th blog post? *kicks*

Anyway, today is my birthday and at the moment I am incredibly happy and therefore hyper and so this blog may not make much sense. I woke up around midday (this is why I should not stay up talking to you Livvi about crazy shit!) and stumbled out of bed. I had breakfast at around the time I should have had lunch, and opened a card from my family (my Mum and siblings are off on some Christian camp thing so they weren't here to celebrate. and Dad was at work). I then went to the door and collected the post. My presents hadn't arrived yet but I got some birthday cards from other members of my family, which made me smile and get really happy. I then did some French revision but got totally distracted by Facebook. Today I have recieved about 20 messages from various people which made me smile and get even happier. I don't think I've ever been so happy/appreciative on my birthday for some odd reason. My CDs didn't arrive though.

In the evening I went to the cinema and saw 'Let The Right One In', which was fairly good, and I actually enjoyed it considering I dislike romance movies. But it isn't all romance, since it involves a young girl vampire (Eli) (this movie is nothing like Twilight, it was wayyyy better) befriending a boy (Oskar) who gets beaten up by bullies. Eli has to kill people to stay alive (obvs) and it is basically about her life and the relationship with Oskar. and it's Swedish, so lots of lovely subtitles to read. The cinematography was good as well.

After the cinema I went to a Japanese restaurant that had a conveyor belt. It was made of win. I didn't really have a clue what Japanese food tasted like, as previously I had only tried some sushi and some gyozas. Off the conveyor belt I had some sushi-type stuff for starters. I then ordered teriyaki duck for a main course (it was delicious) and then stole some chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup off the conveyor belt. In all it was a very good meal. I then bought some Pockys (for men. That's the dark chocolate kind if you're wondering) which are nice.

In all it has been a very good and happy day and I am looking forward to Saturday and my party. Bowling and Labyrinth (hopefully)! *excited*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fia: also made of win.
can't wait until saturday!
*does little excited dance*
and our late night conversations are actually extremely intellectual and awesome.

Anonymous said...

I think that everyone should have to do the Mr Norton bowling move atleast once tomorrow. It's going to be sooo awesome!
Se you tomorrow!!