Tuesday 28 April 2009

Badassedness

Now I'm not really a fan of anime, yes I watched Pokemon, Digimon and Cardcaptors when I was little but that was because it was on TV when I got home from school. I've never really seen why everyone has become obsessed with Japan, trying to watch as many animes as possible, trying to learn the language and learning 101 different facts about the culture. That aside, I have just watched the first episode of Hellsing. Reason? I thought Alucard looked totally badass in a picture I saw and I just *had* to see what it was like. I thought it was pretty good, much much better than Wolf's Rain (the only other anime I have tried watching). I mean it's got vampires, zombies, blood and a badass/kickass... (kibadass?? um yeah.) main character. Who wears a cape/long coat and has a hat. WIN! Basically everything he does is crazy cool. I've only seen the first episode so I can't say if it's good or bad the whole way through, but I recommend it to anyone, even if you aren't into anime like me. Apparently if you've read the manga it doesn't stick that well. But I haven't read the manga so who cares?

Anyway other things...
  • I have literally no ideas for art, all this revising leaves me incredibly uncreative.
  • Whilst listening to the NIN album that Zoe gave me I drew some crazy rainbow shit. Maybe they make me creative.
  • I have found out that with my new headphones (well they're not really new, had them since Christmas) that I can hear the bass really well when I listen to my Zen. It's a bit crazy really.
  • The bloody art shop has overpriced canvases. I went in there today thinking that the canvas would be £15 at the most, brought along a couple of spare quid in case, but no, it is £20! Getting up early to get the train FOR NOTHING. Have to do it again tomorrow. I hate the train.
  • The fact that I didn't get my canvas made me extremely pissed off and I am rather angry now (still!) hence the lack of ideas for a blog. But Hellsing was cool.
  • I thought I had got over my new FOTN CD obsession but noooo, it just has to play on my Zen on the way back home and MAKE ME LISTEN TO IT AGAIN AT HOME! I love it so much. And their hats.
  • Hats are awesome.

No comments: