Saturday 30 May 2009

Prepare for ear torture!

Well my parents have just bought my little sister High School Musical. "Oh no" you think. No, it's worse than that, it's not just the original version of the movie but the "Remix" version. Which contains the original AND a sing along. Now I can hear you slowly dying, but feel for me. I am the one that is going to have to live with this. She'll probably get into Twilight next.

I guess I'll just have to distract myself with cult television shows. Ah - haven't told you yet. Whenever I go on the computer I mess around, and I got increasingly frustrated with myself for this. I then decided it would be a good idea to watch some TV shows. Good old cult TV shows. So Thursday evening I decided to check out the Twilight Zone. No, not the revivals. The original one that started airing in 1959. So it is all B&W! Which is cute. They were pretty cool. Then yesterday I decided to watch the pilot of Twin Peaks - since it was an hour and a half in length. I like the theme tune - all deep and bass-y and atmospheric. It was very good but near the end I started to get tired and therefore bored. Thankfully the rest of the series is normal length episodes. But I know who killed Laura Palmer because about a year ago I was reading some forums and some stupid bastard didn't put spoiler tags on it (I'm pretty sure I've already told you this. I probably tell you a lot of things again). I might just have to watch the original Star Trek as well, but this is Livvi's fault for talking about it and making me interested. Also because I saw the film I guess. But I think I'll finish the first series of Twin Peaks first, since it is only 8 episodes long. But the fact that I want to watch ST makes me feel like I'm going to turn into some super nerd that will take over the world. A sci-fi nerd. Since I don't do much else nerdy. I just like reading sci-fi novels and watching sci-fi films/TV shows. and I doubt any nerd listens to classic rock. They all listen to obscure math rock.

In other news, new Doctor Who assistant has been unveiled - Karen Gillan! The character doesn't have a name yet though.















I think she's pretty. This is the only pic I've seen though. Apparently she is also a good actress. It'll be interesting come series 5 with new Doctor AND assistant. But we'll all miss Tennant.

Maybe I should watch some old Doctor Who? With creepy candymen monsters?
















I apologise if you get nightmares.

No comments: